Employment and Labor Law Resources
Employment & Labor Law Categories:
Relevant Employment & Labor Law Codes and Statutes
Employment & Labor Law Related Government Agencies
Popular Employment & Labor Law Resources on the Web
- ABA's Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law
The Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law has been fulfilling the ABA's commitment to justice and the rule of law for persons with mental and physical disabilities since 1973.
- ABA's Section of Labor and Employment Law
A major component of the Section's work is the relation of the Section with those government agencies charged with administering various labor and employment laws.
- ADA Consultants / Network Consultants
ADA news and resources. Business, government and municipal ADA facility survey services available Nationwide.
- American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
A large public employee and health care workers' union committed to achieving dignity and improving working conditions through collective bargaining.
- Americans with Disabilities Act Document Center
ADA statute, regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act Accessibility Guidelines (ADAAG), federally reviewed tech sheets, and other assistance documents.
Improving the lives of working families and bringing economic justice to the workplace and social justice to the nation.
- Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland (AUS)
The Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland (ADCQ) administers the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (ADA) in Australia.
Information and services for employers sponsoring employee benefit plans, companies providing products and services for plans, and participating employees.
- Cal-OSHA Reporter
A weekly publication for the occupational safety and health community. Searchable text.
- Employee Benefits Research Institute (EBRI)
To contribute to, to encourage, and to enhance the development of sound employee benefit programs and sound public policy through objective research and education.
- Employment Fact Sheets and Publications
- Employment Arbitration Rules & Procedures
Demand for Arbitration form. From the American Arbitration Association.
- Employment Law Cites and Sites
A basic resource for information on employment law. From attorney Adam J. Conti.
- Employment Law Forum of California
Providing employers and employees with information related to frictions and controversies that occur between employers and employees in the workplace. From the Mortimer Law Offices.
- Employment Law Resource Center
Deal with all aspects of employment law, and are specifically designed to keep managers and executives from making mistakes that could lead to fines and lawsuits. From the Alexander Hamilton Institute (AHI).
- Government Accountability Project - Whistleblower Support
Resource for information about whistleblowing, governmental wrongdoing and official misconduct.
- Human Resource Management Resources on the Internet (UK)
A list of internet resources relevant to human resource management.
- Independent Contractors
Designed to help answer the legal questions of people who work as independent contractors and those who hire them. From Nolo Press.
- Institute of Industrial Relations at the University of California at Berkeley
Bringing together faculty from several academic departments and supporting multi-disciplinary research about labor and employment relations.
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
An international toll-free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations and the employability of people with disabilities. Also provides information regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Labor Arbitration Form
Demand for Arbitration. From the American Arbitration Association.
Alerts, headlines, highlights and resources regarding the democratic, independent labor movement.
- Labor Policy Association (LPA)
The Public Policy Association of Senior Human Resource Executives.
- 'Lectric Law Library's Lawcopedia on Employment & Labor
All sorts of workplace related materials for employers and employees split into a number of overlapping categories.
- Legal Information Institute (LII)
- National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO)
A private, nonprofit membership and research organization that serves as the leading source of accurate, unbiased information on employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), broadly granted employee stock options, and employee participation programs.
- National Employment Lawyers' Association (NELA)
Providing assistance and support to lawyers in protecting the rights of employees against the greater resources of their employers and the defense bar.
- National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation
A non-profit organization providing free legal aid nationwide to thousands of employees whose rights have been violated by compulsory unionism abuses.
- Pike Institute on Law and Disability
Established to advance the study, research, and development of disability law. From the Boston University School of Law.
- President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities
A small federal agency working closely with the Governor's Committees and with Mayor's Committees throughout the United States.
- The Qui Tam Information Center
A place for whistleblowers and attorneys to gain information and help in pursuing qui tam actions. From the Bauman & Rasor Group.
- Websites for Labor Lawyers
A list of websites for both general legal and more specific labor law research. From the law firm of Lenow & McCarthy.
- Workplace Fairness
Provides information, education and assistance to workers and their advocates nationwide and promotes public policies that advance employee rights. From the National Employee Rights Institute (NERI).
- Yahoo! - Employment Law
Employment & Labor Law News and Related Articles
- About Employees' Rights
From the National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation.
- ADCQ Publications (AUS)
Various articles on employment and rights in Australia. From the Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland (ADCQ).
- Articles of Interest to Public Employees
From the law firm of Lemaire, Faunce, Pingel & Singer.
- DataLine - The Glass Ceiling
- Declaring a Truce By Other Means
Certain basic principles governing the writing of covenants-not-to-compete. By attorney John J. Michels, Jr. of the law firm of McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe, L.L.P.
- Do's and Don't's for Preventing Employee Theft
By attorney James P. McElligott, Jr. of the law of McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe, L.L.P.
- Employment Brochures
From the U.S. Government's Consumer Information Center in Pueblo, Colorado.
- Employment Law
A host of informative articles regarding many employment situations and expectations. From MyCounsel.com.
- Employment and Labor Law Publications
From the law firm of Fenwick & West, L.L.P.
- Employment Issues in Communications Technology
By attorneys by John J. Michels, Jr. and Rodney A. Satterwhite of the law firm of McGuire, Woods, Battle & Boothe, L.L.P.
- Employment Law Briefs
From the law firm of Schmeltzer, Aptaker & Shepard, P.C.
- Employment Law Bytes Bits
Bits, blurbs and comments on developments in employment law. From attorney Adam J. Conti.
- Employment Law News
From the library at the law offices of Allen, Norton & Blue, P.A.
- ERISA Litigation Review
From the law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery.
- Fair Measures - Just Management Newsletter
"Just Management" because the same practices that prevent lawsuits also are just good management. From the Fair Measures Management Consulting Group.
- Freedom of Speech vs. Workplace Harassment Law - A Growing Conflict
From Professor Eugene Volokh of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA).
- How Not to Get Sued by an Employee
From attorney Vincent DiCarlo of the law office of Vincent DiCarlo.
- Industrial Law Journal (UK)
From Oxford University Press.
- Labor and Employment Law Articles
From the law firm of Franklin & Gringer, P.C.
- Labor and Employment Law Articles
From the law firm of Reinhart, Boerner, Van Deuren, Norris & Rieselbach, s.c.
- Labor and Employment Law Publications
From the law firm of Hale and Dorr, L.L.P.
- Labor and Employment Related Articles
From the law firm of Arent, Fox, Kintner, Plotkin & Kahn.
- Labor Report
From the law firm of McDermott, Will & Emery.
- Q & A Columns on BenefitsLink
- Social Security Disability FAQ
From attorney Leslie Ruth Stallknecht of the law firm of Rice & Stallknecht, P.C.
- Workers' Rights
From the AFL-CIO.
Employment & Labor Law Studies and Education
Other Relevent Employment & Labor Law Cross-References
See also, these cross-references: